Time. The number one most precious commodity. A person doesn’t usually realize it until the aging process has taken a pretty strong foothold, but there are some extremely blessed individuals, who, when given the opportunity have actually taken the action required to enable themselves a glimpse into a higher realm of living. This living that I’m talking about is not of the ordinary, which is the level where most human beings exist. It is a realm that God created for us to enjoy every aspect of. It is the realm of the most precious, most beautiful life that we can have on this earth. It is freedom, it is love, and it is service.
I realize that suffering is an important part of life - without it we would never move forward to anything worthwhile. I believe that to the extent to which we suffer, we will see equal measure of blessings bestowed upon us. That’s why if we become bitter in our thinking, it will naturally cut off the ability to receive these blessings. You cannot see blessings through bitterness.
As I continue to grow older (which is far better than the alternative), I realize more and more that the way I have mis-managed my thought process, has kept me in absolute bondage for most of my life. I don’t know where it began, but it has evolved into something quite monstrous, and I have allowed it to oppress me and keep me from living my full potential for far, far too long. It’s time to step out in the faith and hope that is inside of myself.
I want ME to understand something - because yes, I am writing this for me right now; when I say full potential, I don’t mean living ANY kind of a mediocre life. I mean FULL POTENTIAL!!! What does full potential mean? It means freeing my mind, so that i may inspire others to do the same. Freedom means the ability to conceive, believe, and achieve what may seem impossible to others, without having to deal with immobilizing fear and worry. I could ask myself (which I just did), why the hell it has taken me so long to finally reach this conclusion? But now rather than beat myself up, I’m feeling damn blessed that I’ve realized it at all! Obviously, the culmination of all that I’ve experienced up to this point has made me who I am, and I am exactly where I am supposed to be. Now my hope, and my why, is that I show my children that it can be done – that freedom can be attained much, much earlier in life. FREEDOM OF THE MIND!
Thoughts are key, you can have a mind full of doubt and fear which will bind you into your own little private hell, or you can think possibility, love, and beauty. THOUGHTS ARE THINGS! What we dwell upon is COMPLETELY our choice. It’s like “you are what you eat,” but also, “you are what you think about.” It’s so dang simple! Like the song by En Vogue ~ “free your mind, and the rest will follow,” it is so true, although I think the song may be more about how we perceive others. The real problem lies in how we perceive ourselves. I honestly believe that if we could see for a moment through the eyes of our Creator, the unconditional love and acceptance He has for us – all would be well. This love eminating from our creator is not a conditional human love. It is an all knowing, pure of intention, perfect love.
Why do I waste so much time concerning myself with what other people think of me? God loves me, God wants me to live my life abundantly, and God wants me to inspire others to do the same. Isn’t that what life is about? What else could it be? While I’m here on the earth, I want to see the beauty of God’s creation, and the beauty He’s given us the ability to create. I want to experience fine living, and have any tool I could possibly need at my disposal. I believe that the more I am able to make of myself, the more I am able to offer someone else, and tools are very necessary.
We were all created in the image of God - believe it or not. And we were born extremely gifted. We are spirit, and we are blessed to be able to choose to have God’s Holy Spirit living in us – or not. God isn’t going to force it on us, but I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that He sure does want us to choose Him! Like us, He wants to be loved. Jesus said that the 2 most important things a person can do in life is “love the Lord your God, with all of your heart, soul, and mind,” and “love your neighbor as yourself.” He said that this would encompass all that is good in life – in so many words. This is what frees us! If we love our God with all our heart, soul, and mind - we learn to trust Him, and His love consumes us. We understand that the way we interact with others, or whatever happens in this life here on earth, is a refiners fire. It is necessary to our becoming the best that we can spiritually be, because eternity is what matters, and our love for each other is what we carry with us for ever and ever.
There is so much to be grateful for, but there are so many blind people out there who allow the cares of this world to distract them from the hope that is inside of them. I know, I’ve been doing it for a very long time.
It’s time to break the curse, who wants to go with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment